- 2 onions, finely diced
- Duck fat (for frying onions)
- 2 pounds good sausage meat
- 2 tablespoons picked thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- Frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk beaten, thinned with water or milk (egg wash)
- Maldon sea salt
- Fry onions in duck fat till cooked and tender. Cool.
- Take 1 sheet of puff pastry out of freezer and let it come to room temperature.
- Prepare remaining ingredients and mix into sausage meat.
- Flour your work surface and roll out puff pastry to 1/8" thickness.
- Brush the egg wash on the pastry end closest to you. Lay the sausage meat in a line just in front of the egg wash.
- Cut pastry down the center, lengthwise.
- Roll one half lengthwise into a sausage shape. Press the dough at the join to seal. Brush egg wash over the top and sprinkle with Maldon sea salt.
- Repeat step 7 for remaining half.
- Bake at 370ºF for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and filling is cooked.